On 20 August 2021 – 7:00 PM, Michael Terry from the Dispatches Adventure Ride, will be presenting a PTSD Seminar in the Byron-Springbank Legion’s upper hall. All are welcome and can register at the Eventbrite link: https://dispatches_london.eventbrite.ca. The Dispatches Adventure Ride Website can be found at http://www.dispatchesride.com
The Province of Ontario will move to “Reopening Phase 3” as of 12:01 AM Friday, July 16th. This means that we will be able to reopen the Clubroom.
Various restrictions will still stay in place:
1. Patrons must still answer the Covid-19 questions when entering the Clubroom
2. Patrons must still sign in the Contact Info book at the bar
3. MASKS MUST STILL BE WORN IN THE CLUBROOM WHEN NOT SEATED
4. The tables will be set up so that seated groups maintain the 2 metres distance. DO NOT MOVE THE TABLES OR CHAIRS
MEAT DRAWS will start again on Saturday, July 17th.1. We need two volunteers each weekend to run the Meat Draws, the sign up sheet is on the Pool Table2. When weather is good, the sellers will check the patio for sales3. If it’s raining, overflow from the Clubroom can be seated in the Banquet Hall, and the sellers will cover that area.
For now the Branch’s operating hours will stay at 1:00 – 7:00 PM Monday through Saturday. The Branch will be closed on Sundays and Holidays. This will be reevaluated after Labour Day. Welcome back to almost normal.
The Province is loosening Covid Restrictions as of 12:01 AM on Friday, June 11th. This allows the Branch to reopen, for outdoor patio service only.
Please note that the permanent shelter has not been installed yet, so we are weather dependent.
Clubroom and Patio restrictions
- As of 2 July 2021 Patio hours (weather permitting)
- Monday-Saturday: 1:00 PM- 7:00 PM
- Sundays – CLOSED
- Maximum 6 people at a table, NO moving of chairs
- Masks must be worn at all times when walking around in the Clubroom and washrooms
- Physical distancing of two metres between patrons from different households or social circles also continues to apply
- Please wipe down your table & chairs when you leave.
On 17 Mar 2021, the Byron Springbank Legion donated $5,000.00 to the Holy Roller Preservation Project. The HOLY ROLLER tank sits as a memorial in Victoria Park, London, Ontario. This historic tank, landed in one of the first waves on D-Day with the 1st Hussars, helped liberate Europe and miraculously survived to the end of World War II. One of only two Canadian tanks to do so. Holy Roller was moved from Queens Park to Victoria Park in 1956.
Over the years the Holy Roller has deteriorated internally and requires extensive work for it to survive anther 60 years. For more information about the Project go to the website: holyrollermemorial.ca
From left to right. LCol (Ret) Ian Haley, Project Manager. HCol Larry Myny, Honorary Colonel 1st Hussars, LCol Allan Finney, CO 1st Hussars, Michael Beatty, Branch Poppy Chair, John Morris, Branch President, Randy Warden, RCL Zone A6 Commander
9 March 2021, the Byron-Springbank Legion donated $29,680.00 to St Josephs’ Health Care Foundation. The donation from our Poppy Fund will allow the Veterans Care Program at Parkwood Institute to purchase 5 blood pressure monitors – $19,600.00, 10 over-bed tables – $6,160.00, and 5 chairs for the Veterans Library – $3,920.