The Byron-Springbank Legion made a $24,000.00 donation from our Poppy Fund to the Parkwood Hospital Veterans Care Programme. The donation will go to the purchase of six “Sit to Stand” recliner chairs for our Veterans.
John Morris: Branch President, Sue Hardy; St. Joseph’s Health Care Foundation, Kathy Tansey: Branch Treasurer, Zena Currie: St. Joseph’s Health Care Foundation, Henry Klausnitzer: Branch Sgt-at-Arms
9 March 2021
The Byron-Springbank Legion donated $29,680.00 to St Josephs’ Health Care Foundation. The donation from our Poppy Fund will allow the Veterans Care Program at Parkwood Institute to purchase 5 blood pressure monitors – $19,600.00, 10 over-bed tables – $6,160.00, and 5 chairs for the Veterans Library – $3,920.
12 December 2020
The President and Community Outreach Chair from the Baitul Ahad Mosque (Riverside Dr & Beaverbrook Ave) present a $650 donation from their Muslims for Remembrance Program to the Legion Branch 533 Poppy Fund
Branch 533 Byron-Springbank Essay / Poster Contest Winners for 2020 – 9 December 2020
Community Donations – 14 May 2020
On 14 May 2020, , Wayne Thompson and I distributed six $500 donations to the Men’s Mission, Rotholme Family Shelter, London Food Bank, London Abused Women’s Shelter, Regional HIV/Aids Connection, and the Unity Project for Homelessness. CPRI will also be receiving a $500 donation. All the donations were from our Nevada Fund.
Branch 533 Byron-Springbank Essay / Poster Contest Winners for 2019
- Emmit Pardo: John Dearness. Grade 7. Poster. Coloured Intermediate 1st Place (Not Available for Photo)
- Luciana Garauiio: St Thomas Aquinas Catholic High School Grade 10. Poster Coloured Senior 1st Place
- Montana McIntyre: St Thomas Aquinas Catholic High School Grade 10. Poster B&W Senior 1st Place
- Selenna Kamil: St George Catholic School Grade 1. Poster B&W Junior 1st Place
- Andrew Massignani: Notre dame School Grade 8. Essay Intermediate 1st Place
- Nick Petruzella: Notre Dame School Grade 8 Essay Intermediate 2nd Place (Not Available for Photo)
- Isabella Locke Notre Dame Notre Dame School Grade 8 Essay Intermediate 3rd Place
2019 Honours and Awards Presentation: 15 September 2019
2018 Honours and Awards Presentation
Branch 533 Byron-Springbank Essay / Poster Contest Winners for 2016
Donations and Awards