The Royal Canadian Legion’s annual Poppy Campaign runs from the last Friday in October through Remembrance Day. Conducted by over 400 local Legion Branches, coast to coast, the campaign is the single largest source of funds for the Branches to support Veterans of the Canadian Armed Forces and the RCMP and their families. Each local Branch uses volunteers to organize and run their campaigns with all funds collected staying, in trust, at that Branch. The Branch Executives are accountable for the strict control of the funds and spending goes through a multi-level approval process.
All funds collected during the Poppy campaign stay within our community. Over the five past years, the Byron-Springbank Legion Branch 533 has distributed over $200,000 from our Poppy Fund to support Veterans and their families in our community.
Donations have gone to support:
- Veterans Care Program – Parkwood Institute
- Specialized beds, mattresses, and lifts
- Operational Stress Injury Clinic – Virtual Reality Therapy equipment
- Veterans residing in Retirement Homes and Long Term Care facilities
- Emergency financial support for Veterans
- Student Bursaries for children of Veterans to attend post secondary institutions
- Youth Education Programs in elementary and secondary schools
Byron-Springbank Branch 533 volunteers will start delivering Poppy donations boxes to businesses, schools and organizations within our area on the last Friday October. If you happen to be missed and wish to have a Poppy Donation box for your business, please all 519-472-3300 and a donation box will be delivered.
If you would like assist the Poppy Campaign as Volunteer, please email the Branch at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 519-472-3300.
|RCL BYRON-SPRINGBANK - POPPY FIVE YEAR HISTORY|
|Annual Report||Oct.-Sept.||Charities||Vet.Assistance||Bursaries||Youth Ed.|